Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the server listening ip address

mlinkner July 21, 2017

How to configure a server to listen on a specific ip address?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Julius Davies _bit-booster_com_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2017

Bitbucket 5.0 or newer, set it in bitbucket.properties:

server.address=192.168.10.10

Bitbucket 4.0 or newer, set it in server.xml:

<Connector 
    port="8080" 
    protocol="HTTP/1.1" 
    address="192.168.10.10"

For more information:

Migrate server.xml customizations to bitbucket.properties (confluence.atlassian.com).

Under "Migration reference table" click on the "Show me the table..." link and then scroll (all the way!) to the right in the table.

And don't forget to try my add-on!  ;-)   Bit-Booster - Rebase / Squash 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2017

Do you mean your server has several IP addresses it is bound to and you only want the system to listen on one of them?  (I would reach for a firewall over application config for that)

mlinkner July 22, 2017

Yes, my server has several IP addresses and I want to bound bitbucket to listen on one of them.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2017

I don't believe Bitbucket has a setting to allow you to do that on the server side.  You will need to set up a firewall on that machine that blocks access over the IP addresses you don't want to have it available on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events