Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing The README branch

fvm December 22, 2015

Hello,

I'm very happy with Bitbucket of course, let's just get that out of the way. But, I also use GitHub (because that allows me to share stuff more easily with others). One of the features of GitHub is that it takes a specific branch of a project's code and uses it for creating a project site. Specifically, they use the gh-pages branch and take all the readme and what not and render a page on the projects url.

Now, what I would like to do is to facilitate both GitHub and Bitbucket README files by having two branches. One containing the GH readme and one containing the BB readme, but both of them not being master. Is it possible to set the cloud hosted Bitbucket to look at a specific branch to pull its readme from, without changing the 'main' branch setting for general purpose use?

1 answer

0 votes
evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2015

Is it possible to set the cloud hosted Bitbucket to look at a specific branch to pull its readme from, without changing the 'main' branch setting for general purpose use?

No that is not possible, nor do we have plans to do that at this time.

Frank van Meurs December 22, 2015

Alright, clear enough. I'll use something else then. :D Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events