Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Bamboo plan repository to git makes it queue endlessly

Arthur Maltson January 8, 2013

Hello everyone,

We're in the process of migrating from Subversion to Git and are running into some issues with Bamboo. I updated the "Source Repository" for a plan and change the "Plan Repository" (default one) to Git. However, as soon as I try running a build, the build stays queued forever. It's stuck right before the point where it would clone the repository.

I've tried using the read-only git:// URL, the https:// URL and git-ssh. I'm able to clone the repository locally as the user that runs Bamboo. I've also successfully change to Git on other repositories, however, this is the second repository that has run into this issue.

I've tried reverting the Plan back to Subversion and it's experiencing the same behaviour. It feels like this entire plan is busted :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

All the best,

Arthur Maltson

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Hi Arthur,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. This certainly shouldn't happen. What Bamboo version are you on? Have you contacted support?

Thanks
James

Arthur Maltson January 16, 2013

Hey James,

It's Bamboo 4.3.1 build 3400. It turns out that hitting the "stop all builds" on the build plan resolves the issue. The build "ends" and the "real" build starts> It continues to work afterwards. We haven't had this particular issue again.

We're having other issues with the branch based builds that we'll have to file an issue with Atlassian. Thanks.

0 votes
raul cardenas March 1, 2016

I've come across the same issue. What I have found in my situation that a hang occurs while awaiting authentication via SSH (but bamboo won't tell you this).

My solution involved uploading the SSH key and passphrase. If you change the git repo, even just adding a prefix ssh:// try re-adding the ssh key and passphrase again.

0 votes
Nicolas SCHURANDO August 6, 2015

Same problem here with Bamboo version 5.9.3 build 5918.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events