CentOS 7, stash works locally not remotely

Niall February 16, 2015

Hi there.

I'm a bit of a Linux n00b, and have installed CentOS 7 in our vSphere environment and have an Eval of Stash installed also.  I have Stash up and running,  in that I have the mail-flow working and can administrate and add uses locally,. but when I try access from a PC on the LAN, the connection times out.

There is not much to go by in the logs (maybe i'm looking at the wrong logs).  There is no Firewall on the Windows clients

Any suggestions?  Thanks,

n

EDIT:  Sorry .. just to mention that I can ping both ways.. to and from the server / client

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2015

Sounds like a firewall on the CentOS side, preventing incoming/outgoing traffic.  

You can check the standard firewalling with "sudo iptables -L"

2 votes
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2015

You might have a firewall active on the server that's blocking all access to Stash's HTTP and SSH ports?

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2015

You probably do, when we did this we needed to open some ports on the CentOS's firewall.

0 votes
Niall February 16, 2015

Excellent ... that was exactly the problem.

Many thanks gents

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events