Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot run bitbucket server 4.7.1

long_eco June 27, 2016

After installing the Bitbucket server 4.7.1 to my server CentOS 6.8, Apache, Bitbucket server cannot run. It seems even the port for Bitbucket server is dropped. Please let me know how to run Bitbucket server 4.7.1.

PS: the previous version works fine in my server.

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2016

What does "port dropped" mean?  Is Bitbucket still running?  What does the log file say when it stops or "drops" (whatever that means)

long_eco July 5, 2016

Currently I'm using Bitbucket server 4.6.2. When I upgrade to Bitbucket server 4.7.1 with standalone package, I cannot access to Bitbucket server even the log states that Bitbucket is running.

Normally, when upgrade to newer version of Bitbucket server, the home folder and database should be upgraded to new version too. But because I could not run Bitbucket server 4.7.1 hence I stopped it. Then I run the old version 4.6.2 again and it still work. If the home folder and database is upgraded to newer version, it should show error message that the Bitbucket server has been upgraded and need to run with source code of newer version. That means the Bitbucket server 4.7.1 does not run anything.

I think maybe tomcat does not run or something else because the log still state Bitbucket server runs when I install 4.7.1

Please let me know how i can run newest version of Bitbucket server 4.7.1 at my server from my current version 4.6.2

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2016

>I cannot access to Bitbucket server even the log states that Bitbucket is running.

Ok, what does "cannot access" mean - what's the error or symptom?  Are there errors in the log?

hiep_ecom July 15, 2016

Here is the log when I run with param -fg: http://prntscr.com/btk6ra

When I access the page, it's blank: http://prntscr.com/btk6x6

Here is the content in the file localhost.2016-07-16.log: http://prntscr.com/btk77a

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2016

Your screenshot of the blank page doesn't work for me, it just shows a menu bar from some application that isn't a browser.  Could you tell us what you get in a browser?  The reason I ask is that the shortened versions of the log you've taken pictures of indicate it's working fine, which means the problem is down to how you're accessing it, and that should mostly be tested with a simple browser.

hiep_ecom July 16, 2016

Thank you for your quick feedback.

I took screenshot for the whole log when I start with Bitbucket server 4.7.1 by the command line

$ sh bin/start-bitbucket.sh -fg

When I access to my Bitbucket server site, it's blank. Nothing showed.

After that, I have to stop Bitbucket server 4.7.1 and start again with Bitbucket server 4.6.2 to continue using my Bitbucket server.

As I understand, when I start newer version of Bitbucket server, the database and folder home should be upgraded to newer version. But when I start again with Bitbucket server 4.6.2, no notification informs to upgrade. I think Bitbucket server 4.7.1 does not run at all.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2016

The logs you've posted are showing it running.

If a browser gives you a blank screen, then there is something running there, and the logs will tell you why there's a blank screen (Assuming you're hitting the correct url).  If it was not running something, a browser would give you a page not found error.

hiep_ecom July 17, 2016

I waited that for 30 minutes but the page is still blank. Certainly I access3e correct URL. Nothing showed there and all I have from the log is exact what I provided.

Finally, I had to stop Bitbucket server 4.7.1 and start 4.6.2 again to continue using my system.

What do you think why it does not mentioned that we have to upgrade Bitbucket server when I start again 4.6.2 even I started 4.7.1 before ? That means 4.7.1 did not run anything, right ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 17, 2016

No, it means there is something running there, but not serving up any data.  With the logs you've shown us, it really does look like the application is running fine.  So the only real option is you're using the wrong url for it.

hiep_ecom July 17, 2016

Certainly I access to the correct URL. When I start Bitbucket server 4.7.1, the browser is blank. When I stop Bitbucket server 4.7.1, it show errors on the browser "The service temporarily problem". Then I start 4.6.2 to use again.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 17, 2016

>When I start Bitbucket server 4.7.1, the browser is blank. When I stop Bitbucket server 4.7.1, it show errors on the browser "The service temporarily problem"

That is exactly what you get when your service is running, but you're looking at a url that isn't defined in the application.  And the dead service message when it's stopped.  This happens when either you're looking at the wrong place (check the context in the server settings - server.xml) or when the application has failed (which the logs are not showing as the case)

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2016

What does the logs say?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events