Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot post comments to some pull requests

Andrew Palla May 18, 2017

We have just installed bitbucket and JIRA for the first time on our server. Pull requests are showing a few odd behaviours. 

1. We are unable to comment on some pull requests. Code-line comments work fine, but the top level comment tool will time out for some users, posting "The server didn't respond. You may retry your request when the server comes back up."

Looking at the bitbucket server log, we see two side-by-side log messages that are seemingly related, where I've obscured the project name and user data:

2017-05-18 14:43:58,013 DEBUG [http-nio-7990-exec-3199] <usrname and identification ip> "POST /rest/api/latest/projects/<projectname>/repos/<reponame>/pull-requests/2/comments HTTP/1.1" c.a.s.i.e.TransactionAwareEventPublisher Deferring publishing for PullRequestCommentAddedEvent until AFTER_COMMIT

2017-05-18 14:43:58,014 DEBUG [http-nio-7990-exec-3199] <usrname and identification ip> "POST /rest/api/latest/projects/<projectname>/repos/<reponame>/pull-requests/2/comments HTTP/1.1" c.a.s.i.e.TransactionAwareEventPublisher Deferring publishing for PullRequestCommentActivityEvent until AFTER_COMMIT

This seems very odd to me. What is this 'deferal until "AFTER_COMMIT"?

2. We have a second issue with pull requests. I bring it up here, not to fork and try to ask two questions at once, but because it could be a related problem.  Our pull requests are not updating to show later commits. Any commit which occured after the PR doesn't list.  The problematic comment posting may be only on PRs that have this second issue, but we haven't exhaustively tested yet.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrew Palla May 18, 2017

Upgrade to 5.0.1 solves both issues.

Julius Davies _bit-booster_com_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2017

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events