Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot migrate from internal db to external db. File bitbucket.properties (Access Denied)

Julio Uribe January 2, 2017
I was migrating from v4.3.2 to v4.12 but when starting Bitbucket from web all the initial setup started.

So I configured as an internal database, after a few test I decided to move to SQL Server but cannot due to the next error: Bitbucket.Properties (Access Denied).

Any comments?

Thank you!

Bitbucket could not be migrated to the new database. Some data may have already been written to the new database leaving it in an inconsistent state. You will need to empty or recreate the new database before trying again.
	com.atlassian.stash.internal.maintenance.migration.DatabaseMigrationTask.convertToMigrationException(DatabaseMigrationTask.java:86)
	com.atlassian.stash.internal.maintenance.migration.DatabaseMigrationTask.run(DatabaseMigrationTask.java:51)
	com.atlassian.stash.internal.maintenance.DefaultMaintenanceTaskMonitor.run(DefaultMaintenanceTaskMonitor.java:212)
A backup file could not be created.
	com.atlassian.stash.internal.maintenance.backup.BackupPhase.run(BackupPhase.java:77)
	com.atlassian.stash.internal.maintenance.CompositeMaintenanceTask$Step.run(CompositeMaintenanceTask.java:130)
	com.atlassian.stash.internal.maintenance.CompositeMaintenanceTask.run(CompositeMaintenanceTask.java:69)
Backup of Bitbucket configuration failed.
	com.atlassian.stash.internal.maintenance.backup.ConfigurationBackupStep.run(ConfigurationBackupStep.java:71)
	com.atlassian.stash.internal.maintenance.CompositeMaintenanceTask$Step.run(CompositeMaintenanceTask.java:130)
	com.atlassian.stash.internal.maintenance.CompositeMaintenanceTask.run(CompositeMaintenanceTask.java:69)
C:\Atlassian\ApplicationData\Bitbucket\shared\bitbucket.properties (Acceso denegado)
	java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
	java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
	java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2017

That error message happens when the owner of a process (i.e. Bitbucket) doesn't have the right permissions to use a file.

Have a look at C:\Atlassian\ApplicationData\Bitbucket\shared\bitbucket.properties  in explorer, check who owns it and what the access controls are - can the user running Bitbucket read, write, execute and delete?  And not just that file, but the whole directory, contents and subdirectories.

Julio Uribe January 3, 2017

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events