Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot migrate bitbucket to atlassian cloud: e-mail is retired and the atlassian password for it no longer works

Josiah B August 11, 2016

I have important repositories under this e-mail.  It's retired, and I did not realize that my Bitbucket and Atlassian accounts were tied to it until just now.  When I log into Bitbucket and click on my account tile, it tells me that I'm using A DIFFERENT E-MAIL which is NOT RETIRED...  However, I can't seem to link my Atlassian account to that account because it's not the e-mail I signed up with - it forces me to try to link the accounts using the retired address. I can't log a support ticket because I'm not a paying customer.

1 answer

0 votes
Alastair Wilkes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2016

Hi Josiah - Sorry for the issue. Do you see a "Don't have access to that email? Try another" link on the migration screen? If yes, click that to use a different email address.

If the issue persists, can you send an email to support@bitbucket.org? We're happy to help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events