Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find bitbucket.properties file in the evaluation version of BitBucket in linux

Anil Nair November 2, 2017

Hi,

I am trying to install an SSL certificate in the BitBucket Application. I am not finding the "bitbucket.properties file" in my bitbucket home/shared. I am not finding it any where in the installation/ data directory. Am I missing any steps?

I followed

1. Change to the directory where you downloaded Bitbucket then execute this command to make it executable:

$ chmod a+x atlassian-Bitbucket-X.X.X-x64.bin

Where X.X.X is is the Bitbucket version you downloaded.

2. Run the installer - we recommend using sudo to run the installer as this will create a dedicated account to run Bitbucket and allow you to run Bitbucket as a service.

$ sudo ./atlassian-Bitbucket-X.X.X-x64.bin
  3. When prompted, choose to start and launch Bitbucket in a browser.
  4. Once installation is complete head to http://localhost:7990 in your browser to begin the setup process. 

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2017

Hi Anil,

The bitbucket.properties file is only created when needed by the application, for example, when migrating to an external database, the file will be created if it doesn't exist.

If the file does not exist in $BITBUCKET_HOME/shared feel free to create it and include the SSL configuration that you need. Just make sure that the atlbitbucket user is the owner of the file.

phaniraju November 1, 2019

Hello Jeff,

I have installed bitbucket 5.16 and apache 2.4 for achieving secure access (Https ) So for the do i need to create bitbucket.properties file  ? 

phaniraju November 1, 2019

apache 2.4 and bitbuceket 5.16 are running on the same server

my apache https-ssl.conf file contains below lins of self signed certs

SSLEngine on

SSLCertificateFile /apps/apache2.4.41/conf/apache_SSL/apache.crt

SSLCertificateKeyFile /apps/apache2.4.41/conf/apache_SSL/apache.key

Do i also have to add any lines related to certs,port, context root into to bitbucket.properties file ? 

Do i have to migrate the certs to to bitbucket certs aslo ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events