Cannot decline pull request

mhand04@harris.com November 21, 2017

I have a pull request on my bitbucket server that I cannot edit or decline

When I select decline I get an error:

"Server Unreachable – The server didn't respond. You may retry your request when the server comes back up."

I have looked through the suggestions on the article on the support site, but none of the suggestions seem relevant.

This only happens for a single pull request, all other pull requests and operations are happening without problems.

I have tried it from the browser on the host server so it is definitely not a networking issue.

Wireshark shows that I am getting no response from the server for this specific request.

Is there any alternate way I can forcibly delete the pull request?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2017

Hi,

Probably what happens that an error occurs when you try to decline the pull request but it surfaces to the client as the "unreachable" error you see.

I'd suggest trying to decline it again and then immediately looking at the <BitbucketHome>/log/atlassian-bitbucket.log file to see which error actually occurred and then taking it from there.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

mhand04@harris.com November 22, 2017

The problem finally resolved itself, after a week of repeated failures I was finally able to decline the request.  It must have known that I had raised the issue.

The logs show that it was caused by:

"SQL Error: 0, SQLState: 08S01"

It is not clear if this was the cause or the symptom.

Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2017

Hi,

08S01 indicates that there was a communication issue between the client (Bitbucket Server) and the database server - this may have been a transient problem that resolved itself.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events