Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot clone from bitbucket: password?

Emrys57personal January 18, 2018

In the last few weeks, I have several times cloned repos from bitbucket to my desktop, using the same bitbucket account and password. Today I can't; sourcetree tells me the account login has failed, and repeatedly asks me for the password. I looked at

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Bitbucket-clone-to-Sourcetree-repeatedly-asking-for-password/qaq-p/704242

and followed the instructions to link the account there, including generating the ssh key, but still it fails. Like that user, I can see all the sources in my browser, logged in with that password to bitbucket.org, but cannot clone through sourcetree.

What should I do now?

I can clone from bitbucket, using the same password, using `git clone`.

1 answer

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2018

Hi Emrys, seems like something went wrong locally. Can you Wipe Sourcetree preferences, confirm that you cleared the keychain or the credential manager, and follow the steps at Connect your Bitbucket account again?

If you're still unable to clone, let us know which OS and Sourcetree version are you using.

Best regards!

Ana

Anuradha Muthu Kumar April 3, 2020

Hi @Ana 

I encountered a similar issue. I changed my laptop and on the new one I used a wrong password. Correcting my password fixed the issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events