Can we setup a two-way mirror for a repository between Bitbucket Cloud and Bitbucket Server?

Swift Capital April 18, 2016

We have an offsite contracting team using our Bitbucket Cloud instance to connect to a repository.

We'd like our onsite employees to only use Bitbucket Server (for ease of administration).

Is it possible to mirror a repository between the two locations to keep them in sync?

We'd like to make commits/branches/pull-requests in either location.

Is there another option available to us we're missing?

2 answers

0 votes
Andrew Finnell October 22, 2016

I too wish to now how to easily do this. I'm quite amazed it isn't built into either product. GitLab has this feature already. This is frustrating.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2016

There are multiple ways of replicating git repos between instances, one of the best probably is the new BB feature "Smart Mirroring". However, I do not know any add-ons or feature that will let you do PRs between 2 BB instances (not minding that one is Server instance and one Cloud instance). Maybe Atlassian will know, try opening up a support ticket against them (support.atlassian.com).

Andrew Finnell October 22, 2016

This is not correct. Smart Mirroring is for multiple instances of Bitbucket Server. He specifically asked about Server <-> Cloud where the cloud is Atlassian's instance. Nothing I've read suggests Smart Mirroring would support this. And besides, it requires a Data Center license. Which is out right laughable.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events