Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have push/pull users that don't count twoards stash licence count?

Robert Sinton February 26, 2013

Hi, we're a seven-person web dev team that are migrating from SVN to GIT and evaluating Stash.

Our preferred workflow is to have a user defined for each live deployment (ie. client project), so that we can push from and in particular pull to the deployment server without any chance of granting access to other repos on our origin server.

The question is: can we have that sort of user without their counting towards our licence count? They won't require login capability to the stash interface itself.

The documentation seems to imply that we can have users who don't have the privilege to 'log in', and therefore fall 'underneath' the barrier to count towards the licence count. But when trying to clone repos as those users I get error messages. This is after adding them as users for the repo in question.

Thanks,
Robert

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jens Schumacher [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2013

Hi Robert,

Any user who can either log into Stash or contribute to the repository (push to the repository) requires a license. We have plans to implemement anonymous access in the future, but I don't believe this would help with your particular use-case.

Additionally we are considering the addition of deployment keys, which would allow you to pull from the repository without requiring a user account: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2821.

In the meantime you might be able to work around this limitation by pushing your changes out via Stash instead of pulling them from Stash. Unfortunately there is not a plugin that will automate this for you at this Stage, but I expect one to be available within the next couple of month.

Cheers,
Jens

Robert Sinton February 26, 2013

Hi Jens,

Thanks for the quick response. Deployment keys definitely sounds like a good answer here. We'll keep an eye out for future releases.

Cheers,
Robert

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events