Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can there be a specific group for merging pull requests?

Barry Lapthorn June 3, 2013

We currently run Stash 2.3, and have a group called 'mergers' that is used to permission the master branch so that only certain users can push to master. Most of the time we keep this group empty until we do a release.

When it comes to doing a merge into master, we have to add a user to the 'mergers' group, and then remove them shortly after, once the merge is done.

My question is: is there a facility built into Stash to allow pull-request merges to take place using a different group of users to the one that sets the branch permission? Or to put it another way, only allow merges into branch X (master) via pull-merge requests in the browser only?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2013

Hi Barry,

Unfortunately we don't have anything out-of-the-box at the moment.

You might be interested in this open ticket, which you might want to vote for and watch:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2910

It isn't actually very hard to write a hard-coded plugin that implements the RepositoryPreReceiveHook and blocks any changes to 'refs/heads/master'. That blocks only pushes, and the master branch permissions will be checked as-per normal via branch permissions in a merge.

I hope that helps.

Charles

Barry Lapthorn June 4, 2013

Thanks. I've upvoted that issue, as that's exactly what I would like to see.

0 votes
John Burns
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2013

I think allow branches to only be updated via Stash pull requests, and not pushed from a remote would be a good feature

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events