Can't use an oracle database

Jeroen Wyseur October 21, 2012

When I try to use an oracle database I get the following error during creation of the schema:

The Hibernate SessionFactory could not be created. The database schema may not have been correctly applied

Hide details

The Hibernate SessionFactory could not be created. The database schema may not have been correctly applied

com.atlassian.stash.internal.migration.DefaultMigrationService.createSessionFactory(DefaultMigrationService.java:514)

com.atlassian.stash.internal.migration.DefaultMigrationService.startMigration(DefaultMigrationService.java:937)

com.atlassian.stash.internal.migration.DefaultMigrationService.migrate(DefaultMigrationService.java:163)

Missing column: is_local in CONFLUENCE.CWD_GROUP

org.hibernate.mapping.Table.validateColumns(Table.java:276)

org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.validateSchema(Configuration.java:1343)

org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaValidator.validate(SchemaValidator.java:139)

However the tables are created in the schema. With a local database everything seems to work and we have JIRA and Confluence working with the same database.

Oracle version 11.2.0.1.0, normally connecting through LDAP but I looked up the exact host since I can't use ldap with Stash.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
LeonardoL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

Hey Jeroen,

I'm sharing the resolution of the related support ticket here for future references of community users, ok?

"Apparently if you give the stash user the dba role, it doesn't work as it should.

Removing the DBA role (keeping connect and resource) solved the problem."

Cheers,

Leonardo.

0 votes
Stefan Saasen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2012

Hi Jeroen,

It looks like you are using the Confluence user/schema in your Stash connection settings against a database that is already used by Confluence (the CWD_GROUP table is used in both Confluence and Stash)?

We recommend creating a separate user/schema for Stash (please see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Connecting+Stash+to+Oracle).

Cheers,
Stefan

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2012

Hi Jeroen,

For testing purposes, is it possible for you pointing stash to another database scheme?

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events