Can't remove empty team from account

Israel Galvez August 15, 2013

I'm trying to clean up my BitBucket.org account and I am the remaining member of a team that never had any activity.

team overview

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to delete this team or leave the team. It appears that the only path to resolve this is as follow:

1. Hover over "Manage members" and click on "Leave team".

manage members

2. Click on "Revoke my membership".

revoke membership

But that gives me an error!:

error

Any ideas how to delete this team or remove myself from it?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

Israel,

As an administrator you can delete under your individual account or the team account. To delete the team while logged in under your individual account, the team login, do this:

1. Go to your individual Account page.
  2. Switch the Account drop down to the Team view.
    An example of what I mean:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/10804/81541/by55wsrvpsgwkkv/Screen+Shot+2013-08-16+at+10.52.18+AM.png
  3. Choose Delete account.
  4. Check the confirm prompt to make sure you are deleting the team accoun.
  5. Confirm the deletion.

Hope that helps.

Mary

I did it! Thank you.

To be more specific, the first step was:

1. At the top-right of Bitbucket.org, click on your avatar and then select "Manage Account" from the dropdown menu.

Also, the confirm prompt did not specify the account that was being deleted. It only gave a warning that deleting an account was permanent. You want to look at the URL or check to make sure the team account is still selected in the Account dropdown menu!

0 votes
m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

Well, in that case, log into the team account and delete it. Deleting the team account does not impact your individual account. Just make sure you are logged into the team and check the confirm dialog!

You can log into the team account? How do I do that? I should clarify, I did not create the team.

Am I out of luck?

0 votes
m
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2013

You can't remove yourself if you are the only administrator (as the message states). So, if you want to remove yourself:

1. Go to your account page.
  2. Switch the Account drop down to the team view.
  3. Set another team member as administrator
  4. You should now be able to remove yourself from the team.

If you want to delete the team, you can do that instead. Keep in mind if you delete an account, all its repositories are lost. So, you should backup any code before you do this.

Mary, I am the only member in the team (as explained above). I cannot set another member as an administrator.

How do I delete this team without also deleting my Bitbucket account? My Bitbucket account was created first and then later I was added to this team. Is it not possible to undo this decision?

Technically speaking, I suppose I could create a new, dummy Bitbucket account and then assign that one as an administrator. Then, once my actual Bitbucket account is free from the team, I could delete the dummy account...

Should I do that?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events