Can't login to bitbucket. Forgot Email address

test.harry321@gmail.com January 10, 2018

I have an account on bitbucket that I didn't log in since a long time. I used to log in with my username but now I am being asked for my email address when tried to log in today, which I don't remember.

My username is: ihassan

I have checked all my emails but I can't remember which email I used to sign up at first.
I even tried to reset my account using my username but didn't receive an email on any of my accounts.
Please help me recover my account as I don't want to lose this username.

2 answers

0 votes
Muhammad Waseem Riaz (Fadera) December 21, 2020

Hi,
I recently had the same issue and lost access to my repo.
after searching here and there and doing a lot of thinking.
I caught the issue. it was a difference of (.) in my email.
for Gmail and most other email services, abc.def@gmail.com is the same as abcdef@gmail.com.
But here in Atlassian, These are 2 different emails that will have 2 different usernames.
so be sure to check for characters other than alphabets in your email and check if you can regain access to your old account.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

Hi!

I've checked the username 'ihassan' and I could see that 2 step verification was not enabled. If you don't remember which email address you used, I'm afraid you won't be able to re-gain access to that account as there's no other way we can verify your identity and the ownership of this account. For security reasons we can also not share this information. 

I'm sorry I can't be of any more help in this case.

Regards,

Ana

thirdmusketeer797 July 23, 2018

Hi,

I do remember the email', but when i tried to login it asked for atlassian account signup, i gave same email, and created one with different username(as it did't allowed me use use the previous one). now  account is created, but unable to see all my previous repos.

old username: thirdmusketeer

new username: thirdmusketeer797

email: thirdmusketeer797@gmail.com

Regards,

Aramis

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2018

Hi Aramis, looks like you created a new Bitbucket account instead of logging into your older one.

I've checked both usernames and I can see that there's a slight variation in the email address, that's why Bitbucket didn't recognise it as your existing Bitbucket account and created a new one for you.

Do you still need assistance accessing your account?

Kind regards,

Ana

unknown November 20, 2019

Hi,

I tried accessing my account: data-alchemist but I got Atlassian account upgrade page. I can't log in to my account.

username: data-alchemist

Can you help please?

Naufal Aditya Dirgandhavi February 21, 2021

Hi @Ana Retamal ,

I'm facing the same problem, I have an account with "naufalad" in its username but can't login with any of my email(it doesn't have any repository there, I just don't wanna lose this username)

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events