Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log into BitBucket

S Patterson January 5, 2023

Hi, 

I can't log into Bitbucket, I keep getting the "We couldn't log you in" error, regardless of what browser I use.

I've seen other answers for this saying it was because the account was marked as inactive, but I JUST created an account so...?? Not sure how it could be inactive? I may be crazy, but I do not recall ever creating an account prior for it to be inactive... 

Also, not sure why this is under a different user name (shown when I went to ask this question) and not the work email I signed up under? (which would indicate I had a prior account but, again, I swear I never did but maybe I'm just crazy....)

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2023

Hi @S Patterson and welcome to the community!

There is an existing Bitbucket cloud account with your email address that was created quite a few years ago and it was inactive.

I went ahead and reactivated it, so you should be able to log in now.

If you want, you can change the username of the account from this page (after you log in): https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/

You can also change the workspace-id of your personal workspace if you go to this page: https://bitbucket.org/account/workspaces/, then select Manage for your workspace. On that new page that opens you will be able to see the workspace name and the workspace id, and you can change them.

Kind regards,
Theodora

S Patterson January 9, 2023

Thank you!! & Double thanks for the links to update things! :)

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2023

You are very welcome! Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events