Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get into Bitbucket

Beverly Fay August 9, 2021

When I try to get into my Bitbucket account, I go to a page that says, "Your Bitbucket account with username ***** is not linked to your Atlassian account <email removed for security reasons"

When I click button "Link your account" on this page nothing happens. I contacted Atlassian support and they told me to post on this community board.  My hard drive crashed on my other laptop and I am trying to set up my new laptop. 

I found a post from Milo on July 16, 2021 and Helmut Tammen on 10-22-2020 about this same issue.  In both instances the problem is the same and I believe is my problem. My Bitbucket account is an old team one.  Someone from Atlassian had to help them reset it.  Can someone at Atlassian please assist me?  Thank you!

5 answers

0 votes
Beverly Fay August 14, 2021

Ignore my last question.  I figured out how to transfer the repositories to my other account. Thanks again for all your help Caroline. 

0 votes
Beverly Fay August 11, 2021

Thank you Caroline I can access it.   I've been through a few iterations with these merges and now that I can log in, my most current repositories are actually under the email address of beverlyf@centurylink.net.  I couldn't create any new repositories except under that email  address in the last 5 years or so.  I can log into that account now and see those repositories (14). Should I just keep the two separate logins? Thank you for all your help.  I really appreciate it. 

0 votes
Beverly Fay August 10, 2021

Thanks Caroline.  I created a new account with the link you provided below with my <email removed for security reasons> email address. 

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2021

Hi, Beverly! 

We have added your new account back to the workspace, could you confirm if you are able to access it now? 

Thank you. 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

0 votes

I approve. Please disassociate my email with that account so that I may create a new one. There once was an account under <email removed for security reasons but I think it got merged under <email removed for security reasons

My Trello account is under <email removed for security reasons. Is this going to cause a problem?

Thank you for your assistance. 

Actually since I'm new and not used to this interface, I accepted it by accident!!! I still need help from Caroline R.  Caroline, can you please respond to my reply?

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2021

Hi, @Beverly Fay!

Thanks for your confirmation! This won't cause any problems to your Trello account :) 

I have disassociated your email from the workspace. Now you should be able to create a new Bitbucket account using this address. You can access the following link and sign up for your account: 

Please let me know once you have created this account, so we can give you access to the workspace again. 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
August 10, 2021

Hi, @Beverly Fay! Welcome to the community! 

I reviewed your request and, checking the account you mentioned, I can see this is linked to a workspace that has been converted from a team account. Bitbucket has removed the ability to log in using a team account so that's why you are not being able to log in now.

In order to allow you to reaccess your account, we can disassociate this email from this workspace. Then, you will be able to create a brand new account using this address, as a personal account. After creating your account, please let me know, so I can give you admin access to this workspace again. 

In case you want to proceed with the disassociation of your email from this workspace, please add your approval here. 

Feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events