Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get SSL working on Bitbucket 5.5.0 (CentOS 7.x)

OneTech IT January 11, 2018

I have a generate a Java keystore that contains a purchased wildcard certificate for my domain.  I have been able to properly apply this keystore to my JIRA and Confluence server, but I'm having no such luck getting Bitbucket to properly recognize it.   The keystore is in pkcs12 format, and the entries in my bitbucket.properties config file are as follows:

server.port=8888
server.ssl.enabled=true
server.ssl.key-store=/etc/pki/tls/keystore/bitbucket.jks
server.ssl.key-store-password=<password for my keystore>
server.ssl.protocol=TLSv1.2
server.ssl.key-store-type=pkcs12

Yet when I attempt to launch Bitbucket, I get the following error in the atlassian-bitbucket.log:

APPLICATION FAILED TO START

Description:

The Tomcat connector configured to listen on port 8888 failed to start. The port may already be in use or the connector may be misconfigured.

Action:

Verify the connector's configuration, identify and stop any process that's liste ning on port 8888, or configure this application to listen on another port.

There are no other services running on this host that would be taking port 8888, so I'm pretty sure this is a config file issue but I have no clue what items in the config file are either wrong or missing.

Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2018

Hi,

Try removing the server.port configuration. It should default to the port being used in server.xml. If 8888 is used in the server.xml then that may cause it to think it's already in use.

Also add .. for SSL

server.scheme=https
server.proxy-port=443
server.proxy-name=bitbucket.example.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events