Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can't do any pull or push to the repository

Edited

I generated the ssh key using sourcetree but I'm not able to pull or push to the repository. It shows that public key access denied, and I changed the ssh key and tried again but the result is same. How to fix this.?

1 answer

0 votes
Charlie Misonne Community Leader Feb 18, 2021

I assume you also added the public key to your Bitbucket profile?

Aside from that I've seen a similar issue where the ssh keys are not saved in the correct directory.
Normally GIT will look in the .ssh subdirectory of your home directory.

But this can depend on which git you are using. Are you using the embedded git or system git? Take a look at Using Embedded Git or System Git in SourceTree  for more info about that.

ya I added the public key when created the new key. Two days before i faced the same problem, i just deleted all the keys from ssh directory and bitbucket profile and created a new one using source tree and added to the profile also. Then I was able to do the push/pull. But after sometime it shows the error public key access denied. sometime it works and some other time it wont.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

3,706 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you