Can't create a repository since upgrade to 7.7- request not supported

Jerome Atchison October 22, 2020

When I try to create a new repository under either an existing project or a new project I get an error saying the repository could not be created.  

I have searched the forums and googled, and can't seem to find any ideas on the cause.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

The log contains the following (trimmed, full log upon request)

..."POST /projects/JC/repos HTTP/1.1" c.a.s.i.s.git.command.CreateCommand Creating repository for JC/utilityapps (73)
..."POST /projects/JC/repos HTTP/1.1" c.a.s.i.s.git.command.CreateCommand JC/utilityapps[73]: No default branch was specified; will accept Git's default
..."POST /projects/JC/repos HTTP/1.1" c.a.s.i.s.git.command.CreateCommand Configuring repository for JC/utilityapps (73)
..."POST /projects/JC/repos HTTP/1.1" c.a.s.i.s.git.command.CreateCommand Cleaning up partially-created repository for JC/utilityapps (73)
..."POST /projects/JC/repos HTTP/1.1" c.a.s.i.r.DefaultRepositoryService Could not create repository JC/utilityapps
com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.CommandFailedException: JC/utilityapps could not be created.
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.scm.git.command.CreateCommand.newCommandFailedException(CreateCommand.java:43)
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.scm.git.command.AbstractCreateCommand.configureRepository(AbstractCreateCommand.java:122)
... 363 frames trimmed
Caused by: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: E:\Atlassian\ApplicationData\Bitbucket\shared\data\repositories\73\repository-config -> E:\Atlassian\ApplicationData\Bitbucket\shared\data\repositories\73\repository-config.lock: The request is not supported.

Running as a service on Windows Server 2019 with MS SQL Server.  Please ask for any other details that you may need to help me find the solution.

Thanks for any assistance,

Jerome.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jerome Atchison December 28, 2020

I am still unable to resolve this issue.  Without being able to create new repositories, and with no support available from Atlassian, Bitbucket is useless.  I feel my only option is to switch to a different product.

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2020

Hi Jerome,

Searching for

The request is not supported

seems to suggest that this is a fairly common issue on Windows with a variety of possible causes, including certain fix packs, overzealous antivirus software or corrupted installations.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Jerome Atchison November 19, 2020

Hi Christian,

I'm not sure where you are searching?

My search results took me down several paths, that all lead to no solution.  I checked permissions on the folders, the service account the processes are running as. I checked the values for a few config options, and nothing I have tried has changed the error.

I never saw any results for fix packs, or antivirus software.  A corrupt install is possible, but I did not see a result for that either.   While troubleshooting this issue, I did upgrade to 7.7.0 without any issues. Does that mean I have a non-corrupt install?

I wish a paid support option was available for "Starter" license, as I would gladly pay for a an incident support.

If you could maybe send a few ideas or a link to how you searched, that might help me?

Thanks for the assist!

Jerome.

Jerome Atchison December 28, 2020

Thanks for the lack of follow-up @Christian...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events