Can't add my ssh key, old repos are gone

MihaiPopescu04 October 5, 2017

I haven't signed in for a while, and now i can't see my old repos, or even add my ssh key. 

When i am trying to add my ssh key, i receive this error: Someone has already registered this as an account SSH key. (Even if i don't have any ssh key added in account -> bitbucket settings -> ssh keys)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2017

Hi Mihai, sounds like you might have another Bitbucket Cloud account. You can check to which Bitbucket username is your SSH key connected to by running this command from your terminal

ssh -Tv git@bitbucket.org

This will attempt to create a connection to Bitbucket for Git and tell you which username is using.

If needed, you can also run this command to see which key is your SSH agent currently offering:

ssh-add -L

If the username displayed is the same one you recently checked and it's indeed empty, please let us know so we can dig deeper into this issue.

Regards!

Ana

Hi Ana,

Thank you for suggestion.

I already did this, and it's a different username then the current one. If i try to access the profile, i don't have rights. All my repos are private. 

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2017

I'm assuming that username is also yours, is this correct? If so, are you trying to access through the login page? If you don't remember the password you can reset it by clicking on Forgot your password?

Let us know if you need further assistance!

Cheers,

Ana

Yes, the username it's mine, but i can't login with the username, i must login with my email account, which now has another username. I don't really care about my old repos, i just want to add the same ssh key.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
October 6, 2017

Hi Mihai, if you'd like you can share that username here so I can look at the options to access that account now. Otherwise, I can create a Support ticket for you so we can keep that info in private.

You also said you're not interested in the old repos, you just want to recover the SSH key. Is there any strong reason that prevents you from creating a new SSH key for your new account? You can find the instructions at Set up an SSH Key.

Regards,

Ana

MihaiPopescu04 October 6, 2017

Hi Ana, 

As you suggested, i have created a new ssh key and added that one, and now i am using both.

Thank you for all the support.

Have a great weekend,

Mihai

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
October 9, 2017

Glad I could help you, Mihai. Have a good day!

Ana 

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
October 9, 2017

Ana 

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
October 9, 2017

Ana 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events