Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access to a newly enable/created Wiki

sebastianInones January 11, 2018

Hello,

I couldn't find precisely what I'am experiencing. Sorry if someone has already asked the same question or described the same situation.

I have enabled the Wiki as the documentation says:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/enable-a-wiki-223216500.html

but when I try to access the Wiki I end up in a link saying: 
That link has no power here (it's a 404)

The team in which I am part of is the owner of the repository. Originally a team member who is no longer part of team created the repository. I have include myself as individual also as admin of the repository. But even so, I can't reach the Wiki.

I would love to have some feedback or any kind of suggestion to enlighten me in order to find a solution. 
Thx

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2018

Hi Sebastian! Can you confirm if you're able to access the repo? If you make the wiki private it will have the same permissions as the repo associated to it, if it's public everybody will see it, so there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to see it if you have access to the repository itself.

Can you confirm you're logged in with the right account and that you have the right permission to access the repo? If you're still having trouble, can you tell us the name of the repo so we can have a look?
Best regards,
Ana
sebastianInones January 11, 2018

Hi Ana,
I have been able to clone right now the whole repository in a new environment. So, Yes, I'm able to access the repo but I am not able to reach the Wiki from the Bitbiucket Web Interface.
I am also logged with the right permissions. In addition to that, I belong to the team that owns that repo and I am set myself as the admin.
I guess I might have done something wrong or might be an issue but I don't know where.
Here I attach you a picture of the "User and group access" settings of that repository. It's a private repo. (I have inserted the link.)
repoPermisssions.PNG

I appreciate your help.

Regards,
Sebastian

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2018

Hi Sebastian, I've tried reproducing the issue myself and I could also not see the wiki. I could also not see any commits for the wiki. Can you follow the steps below to help us troubleshoot this issue?:

1. Can you confirm if there's any content on the wiki or not?

2. If there's no content, disable the repository wiki

3. We (Support) would need to access the repository and remove the "wiki" directory

4. After this, you'd be able to enable the wiki option again (this should allow Bitbucket to recreate the wiki directory)

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Ana

sebastianInones January 17, 2018

1 - No, there is no content on the Wiki as we never got access to it.
2 -  I have disabled the repository wiki

Thanks for your help and keep me in the loop please.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events