Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can't access my Bitbucket acccount

Edited

Hi,

The question is related to my other account which I created by using the email address of the organisation I am currently working for (email address removed by Atlassian for privacy reasons).

I had created a Bitbucket account, imported repos from Gitlab and then added my team to the repos (by sending invitation). I don't recall enabling 2fa in my account but since last week, I am unable to log into my account. After authenticating password, it asks me for a verification code which I don't have. I checked my mobile and there were no 2fa authentication apps installed on it. I even gave my email address in the option 'send recovery link' but haven't received an email. My team can log into their account and can see me in Team members link but since they don't have the proper rights, they cannot access my account. Now the same happened to my JIRA account as well. Both are using the same email address (email address removed by Atlassian for privacy reasons). Below screenshot has been sent by one of my team members. As you can see that my user is showing there (screenshot removed by Atlassian for privacy reasons). PS. since I created both accounts (i.e. on JIRA and Bitbucket) so I was the owner of both accounts. I had full rights.

2 answers

Now getting below error when clicked on send recovery email.

Screenshot 2022-05-26 131309.jpg

0 votes
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team May 25, 2022

Hi @qaharpa , welcome to the Community!

There was a pause in our email system on sending emails to the address you listed - on May 5, our mail service got a message back saying the mailbox didn't exist for that address. In order to keep our mail service in good standing, we stop sending emails to addresses with this type of condition. Unfortunately if someone tried to create a Bitbucket account for you before the email address was set up though, that can trigger this condition - which isn't what you want!

I've cleared the condition out of our mail service, so additional attempts to send that verification email should go through now. Please try clicking the button to send the email again!

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Team

now getting below error.

Screenshot 2022-05-26 131309.jpg

I have received a recovery email and I have disabled the two step verification and even I received an email confirming that I have disabled two step verification but still I am getting the same verification code window whenever I try to log in into Bitbucket. I am still unable to access my Bitbucket account.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,208 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you