Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access from Cuba directly, Atlassian block access from this country??

Abel Lorente February 26, 2016

Hi!

From Wednesday 24, I can´t access to Bitbucket repos, Someone block the access from country Cuba.

2 answers

0 votes
cossio November 14, 2017

Can someone confirm if access to bitbucket is possible from Cuba?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

Since my previous answer, I've met a couple of Cuban developers using Bitbucket, so the answer is "yes".  I

suspect they are using VPNs or other methods to circumvent the pointlessly idiotic and annoying US and Cuban controls.

cossio November 14, 2017

Thanks for the answer. Incidentally, do you know if Gitlab is accessible from Cuba as well? I know for a fact that Github is.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

Directly, I don't know.  Via VPNs etc, yes, it definitely is.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2016

I'm afraid it's not Atlassian.  Their datacentres are in the US and accessable from there and the UK from the sessions I've got at the moment. 

I don't know if your ISPs might be blocking it or the US government is getting grumpy again.  Try a "tracert" to see where the packets get blocked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events