Can't accept Bitbucket invitation: "This account is already at its plan limit and will need to be upgraded before adding more users."

Alexander Farennikov March 27, 2014

Hi, I've already posted 2 questions - all of them being provoked by this error - I am trying to add a new user to Bitbucket and it says that "This account is already at its plan limit and will need to be upgraded before adding more users.".

I did reach a limit indeed but after seeing this error, I have deleted a user who is no longer a contributor, and re-tried a few times, seeing the same error. I've also reindexed Jira, which apparently has no effect on Bitbucket accounts.

Please help. And no, I do not want to upgrade if the issue is just a bug of not re-calculating number of users.

3 answers

9 votes
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2014

Have you tried visiting the Plans and Billing section of your Bitbucket account? It shows you who is currently contributing to your plan, and how. It also allows you to remove users that you don't wish to contribute any longer. I suspect you have a user with direct repository access you may not be aware of.

After visiting Plans and Billing in the Manage account section of the site, and you still have this issue, please come to support and we'll give you private, personal assitance with this issue.

aa909 May 11, 2015

Sure enough, this solved it. Thanks!

4 votes
- NA October 23, 2015

https://bitbucket.org/account/user/<YOURUSERNAME>/plans-and-billing/

You will see following:

Users on this account (1 / 5)

The number of users (including you) with any level of access to one or more of your private repos.

Access via groups

UserActions

Direct access

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2014

First, give Atlassian a chance. Asking three questions at the same time on the same subject isn't giving anyone much of a chance to respond.

Secondly, we are a community of end-users, not Atlassian. Atlassian are active here, but there's no guarantees that they will see your posting and they are under no obligation to respond here. If this is a bug or a data glitch, then you will definitely need to ask them for support at support.atlassian.com

I'd have another look around before you raise it, because they will ask you some questions and it's worth giving them as much info as you can up front. Probably the most useful - go into the user management and check to see who is holding up all your licences. Who has access to bitbucket currently?

Alexander Farennikov March 28, 2014

Hi Nic, these are different subjects. They're all usability subjects, but about completely different topcs. And I am not demanding answers right now.

Also Nic, there's probably 10 or 100 people who do not ask to 1 who asks. I think my questions are reasonable, and probably have explanations.

Re. Bitbucket and all other accounts - I am the manager, although I do not have direct access to my Company's credit card and that's why I argue in one of my questions that trivial things like adding 10 extra users to an account should not require taking me throhgh an entire billing process again.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2014

Um, "I've already asked two questions provoked by this error" - that really does make it sound like you're asking the same thing over and over. I had to look at your profile history to establish that they were different subjects.

I very much doubt the ratio you've got there as well. I suspect it's more likely to be 100 people who run into this issue will find a solution because they need one, either by hitting the docs or a search engine (here or externally).

But, it sounds like you may well need support if you're deleting the right people and it's not letting you add new ones. Could you check who has access to bitbucket? How do you know you've definitely got rid of someone who was using a licence?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events