Can bitbucket cloud access be restricted to company devices?

Fadi Gebran February 25, 2022

Hello,

With more people working from home, I'm looking into ways to have more secure practices when it comes to handling source code. I was wondering if there's a way to only allow bitbucket access from company authorized devices?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2022

Hi @Fadi Gebran,

I just wanted to add that we have a feature request to restrict access using MAC addresses:

If that's something you'd be interested in, I would encourage you to add your vote in the feature request (by selecting the Vote for this issue link), as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features.

You are welcome to leave feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified on updates.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Fadi Gebran March 3, 2022

Thanks, that feature will definitely solve the prob. 

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2022

You are very welcome, please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2022

Hello @Fadi Gebran ,

I have not seen where you can limit to a specific device or company approved devices. If you use SAML via Atlassian Access, I wonder if there is a way to limit log ins based on IP addressing if you are using a VPN.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events