Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a repository get a notification

Electric Erger September 18, 2018

Context:

When working with several repositories I realized that I would like to alert all the users of my repository that there's a new version out and the users should decide if they want to support my new version (testing, updating interfaces, etc).

Question:

Does Bitbucket offer a way to notify repos of an update?

Mulling and thoughts:

I was thinking of using a hook or plugin since they can do thinks like alerts and notifications. The real issue is how would a repo receive a hook/message if that's the case.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2018

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

If you want to use an app one option is Scriptrunner, one of the built-in scripts can send out an email on events. There are other apps that can send out notifications on events in Bitbucket if you search Marketplace on notification.

Electric Erger September 19, 2018

Thanks for the response Mikael!

I was looking more for something to make my repo respond to a post request (AKA a webhook).

The general layout would be:

Repo 1 get's updated. Repo 1 triggers a (web)hook to alert repo 2 that it received an update. Repo 2 responds to that hook by sending out an email to it's maintainers.

There would be a one-time setup to get repo 2 to register with repo 1 as a dependency somehow.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events