Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Stash support HTTP and HTTPS at the same time?

GeorgG June 16, 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm running a Stash server with about 1000 users. Currently, we don't use HTTPS but we'll be required to very soon. My question is: is it possible to access Stash via Browser and Git with both HTTP AND HTTPS at the same time? I'm asking because I want to get a clear picture of what users will have to do in case HTTP is no longer an option. I guess they will all have to update their repo uris, right?

Thanks in advance for your help and keep up the great work you are doing with Stash - we love it!

Cheers,

Georg

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2015

Hello Georg,

Thank you for your question.

You are able to set up a new connector to listen to HTTPS under "<stash-install>/conf/server.xml"

In case you remove the HTTP connector to your Stash instance, it will be required to update "remote" under ".git/config" to point to the HTTPS repository.

Alternatively, you could be setting up SSH access to your repositories.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2015

+1 We are using this setup where both http and https are supported.

GeorgG June 16, 2015

To clarify: does that mean I can keep my HTTP connector and am then able to have HTTP, HTTPS and SSH access at the same time?

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2015

Hello Georg, You can have HTTP, HTTPS and SSH setup in Stash.

GeorgG June 16, 2015

Thanks Gabrielle and Rafael - that was what I needed to know.

0 votes
GeorgG June 16, 2015

Thanks everyone for the answers - much appreciated. I'll go on an add HTTPS, then. 

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
June 16, 2015

Hi Georg,

Yes. You can have all of them together. Ultimately when developers click on the "Clone" link of a repository, they will be given the option of which clone to use (note that I didn't have a HTTPS connector configured on my end):

Browse Project1 - repotest - Stash 2015-06-17 11-12-36.png

Note that while it is mandatory to Enable SSH as described by Rafael, the SSH URL only shows up if the user browsing Stash has already uploaded a SSH key to their account.

If you're interested in configuring another Connector (Stash ships by default a 7990 HTTP connector), please follow Securing Stash with Tomcat using SSL for a quick guide.

Proxying and securing Stash will provide you with different insights on how you could use a proxy. Using a proxy to off-load SSL is important if you have a high load on your Stash and you want to avoid performance issues.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Thiago

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events