Can Stash be configured to access SQL Server using a Domain User Login on Linux?

Stephen Durham April 9, 2014

In our environment for database access we are given AD Logins that we use as service accounts. The SQL Server documentation describes connecting with a database user in Linux but doesn't say if it is possible or not to use an AD Login. Basically I need to be able to specify the domain and username.

I can connect on Linux via odbc/freetds by specifying the username as DOMAIN//USERNAME or DOMAIN/USERNAME. Sometimes you have to escape the slash.

2 answers

1 vote
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2014

Hi Stephen, in this KB article you have the instructions on how edit the jdbc URL of your database. If you want to authenticate with an user of your domain, you can add the parameter domain=MYCOMPANYDOMAIN to your URL. Example:

jdbc.url=jdbc:sqlserver://<hostname>;domain=MYCOMPANYDOMAIN

The rest would be the same. I hope it helps.

Cheers

Stephen Durham April 9, 2014

Hi Tiago,

Currently I have this

jdbc.driver=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
jdbc.url=jdbc:sqlserver://&lt;HOSTNAME&gt;:1433;databaseName=Stash;domain=&lt;DOMAIN&gt;;
jdbc.password=&lt;PASSWORD&gt;
jdbc.user=&lt;USERNAME&gt;

But I still get this error:

The following problem occurred which prevents Atlassian Stash from starting correctly:

• The database, as currently configured, is not accessible.

Some additional notes:

• The machine is running RHEL 6.4
  • I installed it initially with the internal database (I can reinstall if that will help as this is our dev machine so no data that has to be saved)

Thanks,

Stephen

0 votes
Stephen Durham April 25, 2014

I ended up switching to a standard sql user.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events