Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I merge repositories, retaining/merging their pull requests?

Greg Breen April 19, 2014

I have some repos I want to merge into 1 larger repo. I think I know how to do that, outside of Stash, and merge their commit history into 1 commit history.

However, I don't want to lose all the Stash Pull Request code reviews we've done on the individual repos - is it possible to merge all these together as well? So we have a full commit history and a full pull request history?

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2014

I am guessing not. As you said it yourself, "Stash Pull Request" is a feature of Stash. Not Git.

Have you tried merging the two repos and keeping the existing as read only?

Greg Breen April 22, 2014

Thanks. Yes I know the pull requests are a feature of Stash not Git - that's why I'm asking the question on Atlassian answers. :-)

It's actually 5 repos. Keeping them as read only is a decent idea - I will do that if there's no way to get the pull request data out of the current repos. I would also settle for being able to export the pull requests to some sort of document format that I could archive on Confluence.

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2014

I would also settle for being able to export the pull requests to some sort of document format

SQL only for now I think.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events