Can I limit the Stash pull request reviewer list to members of a specific group? Or force Embedded Crowd to sync only certain groups?

Scott Dudley [Inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2015

I have a Stash behind-the-firewall installation which is slaved to the JIRA user directory using Embedded Crowd. This particular JIRA instance has a lot of users in it, but very few have access to Stash.

When I create a pull request, the reviewer list dropdown contains all of the users in the Stash user directory, even though none of those users have access to Stash via global permissions (let alone any permission in the project or repository I am working on).

I want the reviewer list to be limited to only those users who have access to the target repo in the target project. How do I do this?

Alternatively, if I am stuck with Stash displaying everything, is there any way to convince Embedded Crowd to sync only a subset of the JIRA user database over to Stash?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2015

Hi Scott,

In regards to:

"When I create a pull request, the reviewer list dropdown contains all of the users in the Stash user directory, even though none of those users have access to Stash via global permissions (let alone any permission in the project or repository I am working on).

I want the reviewer list to be limited to only those users who have access to the target repo in the target project. How do I do this?"

Our development team is working to address this issue on the feature below. There is no workaround for that at the moment:

In regards to:

"Alternatively, if I am stuck with Stash displaying everything, is there any way to convince Embedded Crowd to sync only a subset of the JIRA user database over to Stash?"

The workaround here is to configure filters for your external directories. Please refer to the documentation below for more help if you are using LDAP for user management:

I don't think you will be able to set up any filter for JIRA as User Management and in Crowd it is possible – you will be able to select which users are linked to the Stash account.

Which User Directory are you using?

Best regards,
Thiago Bomfim

Scott Dudley [Inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2015

Thanks, Thiago! I appreciate the pointer to the issue to watch. Unfortunately, our Stash is slaved directly to our JIRA user directory (not an external directory), so the LDAP filters won't do me any good. Unless there are some secret squirrel database properties I can set that would force Stash's embedded Crowd to do a partial sync with JIRA, I suspect that I will have to wait for the fixes.

ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2015

Hi Scott, I am glad to help! :-) If you were connecting to Crowd, you'd be able to choose which users are to be synced. See step #3 of https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+Atlassian+Stash. However, in JIRA there is no such option. See the whole step #1 of https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Connecting+Stash+to+JIRA+for+user+management#ConnectingStashtoJIRAforusermanagement-jira In your case, yes, you will have to wait for the fix.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events