Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I grant user permission to a repository without granting permission on the project?

Daniel Holmes June 27, 2017

I don't want nor need some additional users to have permissions to all the repositories in a bitbucket project, I only want to extend permission to them on one specific repository. 

I attempted to add with permissions in the repository's permission configuration while not adding them to the project level permissions.  However the user does not see the repository in the listing of repositories that they can access. 

Should I be able to accomplish this with the way that Bitbucket permissions work?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2017

Hi Daniel,  are you using Bitbucket Cloud or Server? 

You should be able to grant permissions to a specific repository, without necessarily granting access to all the repos in the project. You can do that from https://bitbucket.org/<team-name>/< rep-name>/admin/access. I've tried reproducing your situation in Bitbucket Cloud and I was able to achieve it with no problems.  

If that user can still not see the repository, can you let us know the the name of the repository and the owner of the repository, as well as the username of the user affected? If you don't want to share that information publicly, you can submit a support ticket at support.atlassian.com. Please make sure to mention this ticket so we know your case is being taken care of. 

Cheers!

Ana

Daniel Holmes July 5, 2017

Bitbucket Server.  Turns out that you have to navigate to a repository permissioned in this way via the Projects list, it does not appear in the Repositories list (where my user was looking). 

Like Dmitry Tsvirkun likes this
Alexander Kolker December 5, 2018

Anna hello

I am using Server API v1.

I need to add a new user to Repository permission by SERVER REST API.

How I can do it by my code ?

Even I added a new user manually to Repository and tryed to change his permission by the following link https://cisbitbucket01/rest/api/1.0/projects/Test/repos/kuku/permissions/users?name=username&permission=REPO_WRITE"

It doesn't change.

Please help me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events