Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Bitbucket Server limit the size of message content in Slack plugins?

Sung Hyun Ryu August 12, 2021

Hello~

My customer is using the Slack plugin installed on their Bitbucket Server.

My client wants to limit the sending of too much content when an event occurs on Bitbucket.

So I found the "slack.addon.unfurl.file.max.lines" option in the path below, and entered slack.addon.unfurl.file.max.lines=3 in bitbucket.properties, but it does not apply.

Is bitbucket.properties the correct setting place or is the setting correct? Or I'm wondering if I need to set it up somewhere else.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/slack/use-slack-and-bitbucket-server-together-974387205.html

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Luiz Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2021

Hey @Sung Hyun Ryu,

slack.addon.unfurl.file.max.lines should be set as an environment variable passed to the Bitbucket Server process. It should limit the size of repository file previews, when someone pastes a link to a source code in slack.

If that's not what you are looking for, there's also an option when configuring channel notifications for repositories. While creating or editing a connection between a channel and a repository, you can chose between Basic and Extended verbosity. Switching to Basic should reduce the amount of space notifications take in Slack.

Hope that helps. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events