Build failing which succeeded 8 month ago (docker wine maven)

rkmuller August 27, 2021

I use BB Pipelines to build my java based software using maven 3.

I use a docker container based on Debian with JDK8, wine and maven installed.

The builds runs fine until the maven-exec-plugin is called:

<execution>
<id>innosetup</id>
<phase>package</phase>
<goals>
<goal>exec</goal>
</goals>
<configuration>
<executable>wine</executable>
<commandlineArgs>conf/innosetup5/ISCC.exe -Otarget -Finfomas-ce-v${project.version}-install conf/infomas-ce.iss</commandlineArgs>
</configuration>
</execution>

This fails with the following message:

/usr/local/bin/wine: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

8 month ago it just works fine (i just rerun a previous build). Also, when running locally (in the same container) everything goes well.

So it has anything todo with the BB Pipelines environments i guess?

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2021

Hi @rkmuller,

I see in the info you have provided us that the variable ${project.version} is used and it seems to be the only variable part of the arguments you are passing. Has this variable been changed since the last successful build and does its value contain any quotes?

Kind regards,
Theodora

rkmuller August 30, 2021

Yes, this value has been changed. The current value is "2.31.0", the previous was "2.30.1". So no spaces here or any quotes.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2021

Hi @rkmuller,

Thank you for the info.

Another possibility that comes to my mind is that there may have been a change in the Docker image you're using, but locally (where everything goes well) you may be running an older version of this image.

If this is not the case, please let me know and I can open a support ticket for you so we can investigate further. It's a bit difficult to troubleshoot this without checking the Pipelines logs and also the configuration files in the repo. If there is a support ticket open, the engineer working on your case will be able to access these which will allow for faster troubleshooting. The support ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff.

If the docker container you're running locally is using the same image as the one used in Pipelines and not an older version, please feel free to let me know if you'd like me to open a support ticket for this issue.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events