Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bucket cloning via ssh

Ai Go October 20, 2015

First Question was;

Bitbucket cloning via sshhttps://answers.atlassian.com/questions/31673090

Hello,
I just created repository with Base URL; http://scm@xx.xx.xx.xxx:7990/scm/gb/misc.git
However, *) it is only accessible from the local host, even though the machine is ssh accessible throughout the network, and *) niether HTTPS nor SSH access appears to be functional. SSH base URL is ssh://xx.xx.xx.xxx:7999 , yet the command

git clone ssh://xx.xx.xx.xxx:7999/scm/gb/misc.git

returns;

Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

I did add access keys for the user I am cloning the repository as.

Could you provide assistance.

Thank you,

Answer:

Vitalii Petrychuk [Atlassian]

Please check this article from Bitbucket Cloud Knowledge Base. It should help.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=302811860

After this I am neither allowed to respond nor post new questions on the same board. I guess it will be 75 drone accounts before there is a clear answer (that works).

Second Question, reply to the previous post;

Thanks Vitalli for the link. It refers to the cloud, not local installation, but should conceptionally be very similar at least.

In Causes & Resolutions

1. Open a browser and log into Bitbucket Cloud.
2. Choose Username > Manage Account from the menu bar.
3. The system displays the Account settings page.
4. Click SSH keys.
    The SSH Keys page displays. It shows a list of any existing keys.
5. If you do not have any keys listed, follow Add an SSH key to an account to set one up.

Open my "Manage Account" and sure enough there is "No SSH keys have been added", Add key.

Copy paste my id_rsa.pub, submit, now get the message in red - "This SSH key is already used to access a repository or project".

So has the key been added, is it already there, or has it not been added?

Delete keys from the project, add the same key into the "Manage account" - to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

2 answers

1 vote
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2015

You can associate SSH keys in BitButcket with either a user account or directly with a project/repo - but not the same key with both.  You need to find the the project or repo that is configured to work with that SSH key and delete it so you can add it as a key for the user.

When you say "to no avail" is it still giving you the 'already used' error message?  If so, the keys you deleted were not the right key, and you need to track down which project or repo on your server is configured with that key.

I +1'ed your question, which should help you have enough points for posting comments

0 votes
Ai Go October 20, 2015

Thank you. Tested the keys on the other repository (outside bitbucket), it works fine. Added the same key to the Bitbucket repository, it also works. I will try how this works when adding the key to the project level.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events