Branches not displayed in Stash

Srikanth Y January 17, 2018

Hi, Recently i'm observing that multiple branches are missing from Stash repository. I suspect someone from DEV might have accidentally deleted the branch. Is there anyway i can logs who deleted it or recover/restore the missing branches. Currently I'm using Stash 3.4 ver with external DB. Please help.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2018

Hi Srikanth, if the person who did it deleted the branch explicitly, you can find this event in the atlassian-bitbucket-access.log, searching for the term 'DELETE'. However, it will not work if the person did the merge with 'Delete the source branch' option.

Once you find who deleted it, it will be possible for him to recover it by following the steps at How to restore a deleted branch.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Srikanth Y January 18, 2018

Thanks Ana for response! 

I was not able to find the user who deleted but Team has confirmed that they have the local repo which they used for last commit to deleted branch ( BG_Master ). They raised Pull request from this branch to the deleted Master Branch. So if i create a Branch from that Commit SHA it should be having the latest code right ? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events