Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Branch not showing after commit

Kimball Willard January 9, 2017

I've created a new branch, and committed code into the branch. I can see the commit in the commit link, but the branch doesn't show up the branches link. Is there a way to create a pull request through the commit information, or force the system to show the branch in the branch link?

3 answers

0 votes
Kimball Willard January 10, 2017

The branch name does reference the JIRA issue. The branch not showing up was within Bitbucket itself. Ironically, the reference from JIRA was working as expected.

This morning, the branch is showing up as expected within Bitbucket.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2017

The branch name should have the JIRA issue key in it. Adding issue key in the commits is not enough as commits are not tied to a branch. Can you check if that is the case?

0 votes
Kimball Willard January 9, 2017

I was able to force the pull request by copying the information past branch/ when opening the branch through the commit link, then opening up another branch through the branch link, and pasting the information after branch/ in the current url. From here I was able to make the pull request.

The pull request shows up as expected, but the branch is still missing from the branch link.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events