Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Branch Selection Dropdown: Exact Match Branch Not Visible When Exceeding 25 Records

Jyoti Varade July 23, 2024

yiZyRt3lxcMUOTPQlszOiRkrL.png

When we enter an existing branch name in the "from branch" field, and if there are fewer than 25 branches that include the search term, I can see the branch I want. However, if there are more than 100 branches and we enter a specific branch name, and that branch appears after the 25th record, then it is not visible in the "from branch" section. The exact match branch should appear at the top. I checked the API call, and the exact match branch is on the 3rd page. When we enter any branch name in the "from branch" section, it only shows the first 25 branches in the dropdown list, even if the exact match branch is not visible on top.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Parrish _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2024

Bitbucket PM here ðŸ‘‹

We are actively working on optimizing branch search results so that exact matches are returned at the top of the list, followed by partial matches.

As @Ben mentions, keep an eye on BCLOUD-20410 and we'll provide an update when it's fixed.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2024

Hello again Jyoti! :)

This is a current limitation of Bitbucket Cloud due to the pagination of our branches API.

There is already an active feature request ticket raised with our developers to increase this limit to allow for more efficient searching capabilities which is in our short-term backlog, please Watch this for future updates and Vote for it to improve its visibility with regard to customer demand:

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events