Bogus error: This is not a valid source path URL Edited

Our company hosts its own bitbucket server.   On one of my computers I can trying to clone a repository but get the error "This is not a valid source path".  Which is bogus because its  the same URL I use on another computer, which works just fine.

bogus2.png

I can browse the repositories using sourcetree remote browse, I click clone and get the error.  When I go to details, it says my account is locked, have to the captacha thing.

I log out of my accounts, go through the capatcha, repeat above and get the same set of errors.

bogus3.png

The problem has nothing to do with my account.  Nor the repository URL. both are fine.  It is a problem with sourcetree.

Please help

Thanks

Matt

PS: completely uninstalling and reinstalling source tree fixes the problem.  

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Matt, seems like you already fixed it! For the next time, before completely reinstalling the application you can try Wiping your Sourcetree preferences.

Let us know if you need anything else!

Cheers,

Ana

Well, I wouldnt say fixed :)  worked around.  But I am working now.  Next time I will try wiping the SourceTree preferences.  Thank you.

Matt

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

26,121 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you