Bitbucket works slow. Now what?

I have two new Bitbucket instances (for different and separated projects). One on-premise (running on VM + RedHat RHEL) and the second one as Bitbucket cloud (bitbucket.org).

Sometimes it feels they work slow (not at the same time). Response time and loading webpages takes few seconds. How to investigate it? Are there any monitoring tools or tracing tools to find out the bottlenecks?

What should I check for the on-prem instance beyond the IT resources on the server side? Should I check Java or something like that? Any guidelines will be much appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Mikael Sandberg Community Champion Jan 10, 2018

I would start of by enabling JMX, check out Enabling JMX counters for performance monitoring. We noticed performance degradation from time to time on our instance, but after increasing the heap size it is a lot better.

Mikael Sandberg Community Champion Jan 10, 2018

Also check out this KB, Bitbucket Server is reaching resource limits, git operations on the server will only use the memory you allocate for the jvm.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,238 views 8 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you