Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket works slow. Now what?

Mosh January 10, 2018

I have two new Bitbucket instances (for different and separated projects). One on-premise (running on VM + RedHat RHEL) and the second one as Bitbucket cloud (bitbucket.org).

Sometimes it feels they work slow (not at the same time). Response time and loading webpages takes few seconds. How to investigate it? Are there any monitoring tools or tracing tools to find out the bottlenecks?

What should I check for the on-prem instance beyond the IT resources on the server side? Should I check Java or something like that? Any guidelines will be much appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2018

I would start of by enabling JMX, check out Enabling JMX counters for performance monitoring. We noticed performance degradation from time to time on our instance, but after increasing the heap size it is a lot better.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2018

Also check out this KB, Bitbucket Server is reaching resource limits, git operations on the server will only use the memory you allocate for the jvm.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events