Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Bitbucket vscode error

I am getting the below error while I log in to Bitbucket from VS Code using the extension.

error authenticating with bitbucket: unable to verify the first certificate

please let me how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Manjunath

2 answers

@Yevgen Lasman I am able to access the bitbucket from the browser. It is hosted on our company server. I am using a Macbook. Could you please guide me where and how can I update the certificates?

Thanks in advance.

You may need to follow the steps described here, in particular set "http.proxyStrictSSL" to "false".

Well I would consider this bad advice -> you shouldn't never ever set this to false... instead try to update the known ca/intermediate certs in the according store... that is used by vs code (not sure where this might be)

0 votes

Can you access your Bitbucket from a browser? The message means that there is something wrong with the SSL certificate on the Bitbucket side or it uses certificate (or certification chain) which is not recognizable by VS Code.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

3,457 views 3 10
Read article

Atlassian Community Events