Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket vscode error

manju-salescloud October 30, 2020

I am getting the below error while I log in to Bitbucket from VS Code using the extension.

error authenticating with bitbucket: unable to verify the first certificate

please let me how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Manjunath

2 answers

0 votes
manju-salescloud October 30, 2020

@Yevgen Lasman I am able to access the bitbucket from the browser. It is hosted on our company server. I am using a Macbook. Could you please guide me where and how can I update the certificates?

Thanks in advance.

Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2020

You may need to follow the steps described here, in particular set "http.proxyStrictSSL" to "false".

Ives.Laaf October 3, 2021

Well I would consider this bad advice -> you shouldn't never ever set this to false... instead try to update the known ca/intermediate certs in the according store... that is used by vs code (not sure where this might be)

0 votes
Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2020

Can you access your Bitbucket from a browser? The message means that there is something wrong with the SSL certificate on the Bitbucket side or it uses certificate (or certification chain) which is not recognizable by VS Code.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events