Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket size increased (surpassed 2.0 GB)

RamonEsteveCuevas March 18, 2020

Hello,

The size of my repository has increased suddenly yesterday evening. Currently the repo size is 2.2GB but if I look at the last commits this shouldn't be possible (we only made a few small commits). I know there is a "git -gc" command to cleanup garbage collection but I cannot run this on the cloud. Is there a way to trigger this?

Kind regards,

Ramon

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2020

Hello @RamonEsteveCuevas,

Any file on any branch contributes to the overall size of the repository. I believe what happened is someone accidentally pushed a big file but realised that and pushed a revert, however GC didn't trigger after the second update (it is not triggered on every push because it's quite expensive operation).

I just triggered aggressive garbage collection for your repository, and it reduced to around 800 Mb.

Cheers,
Daniil

RamonEsteveCuevas March 18, 2020

Hi @Daniil Penkin 

Thanks for the very fast response and action! As far as I can see it looks like we didn't pushed anything very large. We are just with a team of 2 people working in the repository.

Regards,

Ramon

RamonEsteveCuevas May 11, 2020

Hi @Daniil Penkin

Our repository is again beyond the 2GB size limit. I enabled the "Delete dangling commits when over size limit" Allow users to mark repositories for git gc (BB-13894)  but that doesn't seem to fix it since I cant push anything anymore. Can you run the aggressive garbage collection again?

Kind regards,

Ramon

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2020

Hi @RamonEsteveCuevas ,

Done, repo is now down to 824 MB again.

Cheers,
Daniil

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events