Bitbucket showing wrong commit in newly created branch

Sander Groenen January 8, 2018

It seems like bitbucket is showing wrong commits for a newly created branch. It shows commits from branches with similar user story numbers from jira in it. See attached screenshot. Is this something that is only a display error or do these wrong commits actually get merged in the newly created branch?

bitbucketcommit.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

Hi Sander! You've blurred the commit hash so I'm not able to check to which commit is this actually referring to. The name of the branch doesn't necessarily need to match the contents in there, and the commit message seems to display that something was merged into V2-468. Can you check the commit hash and see if it's referring to the correct one. 

Also, there's a message saying that the branch is 9 commits behind, have you tried syncing?

Regards!

Ana

Sander Groenen January 10, 2018

Hi Ana

I know the name does not have to match the contents, but in this scenario it was a newly created branch that should not have any commits in it, but it immediately shows a commit history. So to be clear: in jira i create a new branch (in this example from development). It then immediately shows these commits although it is a newly created branch... and the comment contains numbers similar to numbers used in the newly created branch name hence my confusion. Alas i cannot reproduce the hash from the branch anymore, as it now does not show the mentioned commit anymore (the faulty one). I looked it up using the comments and i think it was: bc451515e432fc0b2df3d18ae1e3fa0d9a45fee6

p.s. the branch was behind development because there were some commits on development after the branch was created but that should not have anything to do with this problem right?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events