Bitbucket server migration with internal database

Gary Zhao February 8, 2018

We are migrating our bitbucket server from Windows Server 2012 x64, to a Windows Server 2016 x64 and we have yet to move our database to an external database.

I followed the directions on the migration page, where I have installed the same version of BitBucket server on both machines, made a copy of the BitBucket folder in applicationdata, and copied it over to the new machine.

However, it still looks like a fresh install on the new machine when I go to localhost:7990

BITBUCKET_HOME in the set-bitbucket-home.bat appears to be pointing at the right directory. I've gotten to the point where both ElasticSearch and the and BitBucket service are starting successful (I was having trouble getting ElasticSearch to start successfully before), but I can see no log that might indicate to me why it isn't seeing all of the projects and repos in the applicationdata/bitbucket directory.

I've done some searches but have not been able to find anything.

Thanks for any help.

2 answers

0 votes
Gary Zhao February 9, 2018

Is moving it after going to an external database easier? From the looks of the instructions, it looks like there is just one more to do.

And my question might still remain, is there some kind of log that tells me what is happening spo I can see why it isn't seeing the application folder?

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2018

Hi Gary,

You should really prioritize the move to an external database over the move to a new machine. If you need help with this, check this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/connecting-bitbucket-server-to-an-external-database-776640378.html

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events