Bitbucket server backup client - support for 5.1?

We use the newest version of Atlassian's native backup client to back up our Bitbucket installation. I just upgraded our test server to Bitbucket 5.1 and then noticed that it is not on the compatibility list for the backup client (see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.stash.backup.client/versions). The Bitbucket backup on our test server still runs without any error messages, so perhaps Atlassian just forgot to update the compatibility matrix. But I can't upgrade our production environment without ensuring that the backup can still be trusted.

Can anyone confirm that Bitbucket Server Backup Client version 3.3.2 is officially compatible with Bitbucket Server version 5.1?

1 answer

0 vote

Hi! At the moment, the Backup Client 3.3.2 does not support Bitbucket 5.1. There's a Feature request for that already, you can vote for it at BSERV-9815 if you're interested. Once it is, we'll update our documentation :)

Cheers,

Ana

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

1,906 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you