Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket sends a join request email to a recently created Jira user

Kyle Erwin May 13, 2014

Hello,

I have an issue that concerns Bitbucket and Jira. Recently, I created a new user in Jira and sent an email to them to set their password. The new user contacted me and said they received the set password email from Jira, however, they also received an email from Bitbucket saying we invited them to join our Bitbucket. I looked to see if our Jira account and Bitbucket account were linked in any way, and they do not appear to be. I am our Jira administrator, and I am new to Bitbucket. Another developer and I just started using Bitbucket last week. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

-Kyle

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2014

Hi Kyle,

This is a feature of the Developer Tools integration in JIRA and was configured this way by default for many users over the past few months. To change this setting, go to the Cog menu in JIRA -> Add Ons -> DVCS Accounts. Then, select the cog next to the Bitbucket team name. You'll see an option to "Configure automatic access". In that menu, you'll see that the Developers group is ticked by default. simply uncheck it and your JIRA instance will no longer auto-invite new users of JIRA to Bitbucket.

For more information and detailed instructions, see the documentation.

Kyle Erwin May 14, 2014

Thank you Marcus!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events