Bitbucket (self hosted) redirect to Setup screen

ryanwerts December 4, 2017

I have a 10 user license and moved self hosted BitBucket to a new server a month ago.  I went through the migration documentation and everything worked well for the last month (users, repos, etc).

Now nobody can log in and when I access Bitbucket through the browser I am taken to the "Bitbucket setup" screen like it is a new installation.  I am using SQL Server for database storage.

I am able to get Bitbucket running if I use start-bitbucket.bat , however it is not working when started as the windows service (although this worked for the last month).

Do I need to go through the setup process again?

Bitbucket version 4.14.10

EDIT: I added the atlbitbucket account (used by win service) to the local admin group and now the service seems to be working.  Is it required to be an admin?  Maybe it was previously and someone else removed the account from admin group.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2017

Hi Ryan! Regarding your edit at the bottom of your message, you mentioned that you set the user to an admin group, however that is not recommended. You'll need to check the permissions of the user and make adjustments , otherwise you're risking performance issues with the app.

From the symptoms, looks like you might had issues with your home folder (permissions or data corruption maybe). I believe this page will help you with that Running Bitbucket Server as a Windows Service.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events