Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket pull requests review diff tab disappeared

a-karymau November 28, 2016

Hello!

How to return Diff tab within pull requests review likes on screenshot below?bitbucket-features-pull-requests.png

Now we have only the following tabs which is very inconvenient.

image2016-11-29 10:23:1.png

Cheers

Alex

9 answers

3 votes
Administrator April 7, 2018

I would like to chime in and say that reviewing a long list of changes in a large PR containing changes across many files has become exponentially more difficult. If you want to switch from file to a file to see exactly what potentially related changes are proposed, you now need to scroll up to get to the file list. I respectfully request that the prior view be returned at least as an option. 

1 vote
Josip Bojcic December 19, 2016

I want this tab back too. Without it I have to scroll to get to the specific file which is so annoying

0 votes
whenafirestartstoburn November 15, 2019

+1

0 votes
Alex November 14, 2019

Just a note, this removed tab is the only reason why our 100+ programmers company doesn't upgrade to a newer version of bitbucket. Zero colleagues wanted the newer version after seeing this change. Rare thing to see everybody agreeing. Reviewing many changed files is just ... nah...  why copy github ?!?

0 votes
Josh Hart June 30, 2019

Agreed, this is disappointing

0 votes
Brenden Morales February 14, 2017

That tab was great, why get rid of it?

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2016

Ah, I know what you mean now. Click on the individual commits to see the "Diff". You can then select side by side diff for the individual files. Not sure if there is a way to get the "Diff" tab back or not.

I was initially confused because I thought you were asking about Bitbucket sever!

a-karymau December 2, 2016

Thank you!

But it's individual "Diff"s for the files and I'm talking about "Diff" page with files treee on the left and changes on the right.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2016

It is the new UI design. That view is gone.

0 votes
a-karymau November 30, 2016

Yes, of course!

image2016-12-1 12:4:22.png

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2016

Did you navigate into a Pull Request? Looks like you are on the main repository page!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events